OPEN AN ETSY SHOP: INTRO
Many people start making handmade items, but they don’t know where to sell them. There are several handmade marketplaces where shop owners can sell their products, and buyers can purchase high quality handmade gifts. This post is dedicated to explaining the best way to Open an Etsy Shop. It includes a step-by-step guide.
You can discover other Handmade Marketplaces on my separate posts.
All of the information included on this website is unbiased. I recommend opening a shop on Etsy because I firmly believe that it is a great place to open handmade shops. I do not own stock in Etsy or any other handmade company, because I do not want members of this community to feel that it influences my opinion. I will continue to work hard to earn your trust. That is the basis for supporting this website.
OPEN AN ETSY SHOP: STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
This is a detailed step-by-step guide explaining how to Open an Etsy Shop. This is an easy way to start selling your handmade products. Don’t wait or hesitate to open your shop, you will not regret opening your handmade shop today!
Open an Etsy Shop: Register New Account
If you are new to Etsy, the first step to Open an Etsy Shop is to make a new user account. This allows you to personally access the Etsy website.
- Go to the Etsy marketplace and click Register
- Enter the required information including: First Name, Last Name, Email, Password, and Username*
- Click Register
- Confirm your account by logging in to the email that you provided, select the Confirm your Etsy Account email, click on the confirmation link.
*Remember to select a username that you really like and are comfortable sharing. You won’t be able to change your user name after you finish opening your account.
Open an Etsy Shop: Edit User Profile
After creating your new Etsy user account, the nest step is to edit your used profile. This is another easy process.
- If you aren’t alrady logged in, go to the Etsy website and Log in by clicking Sign In
- Next, click You at the top right corner of your screen. Then click View Profile, then Edit Profile.
- Your profile picture is located at the top of the screen. Select Choose File then upload and crop your favorite picture. This picture can be changed at any time but it will be seen by your future customers.
- Next, verify that your Name information is accurate
- If desired, you can enter Gender, City, and Birthday Info
- Fill out the About section with general information about you. You will be able to edit it later, if desired. You will want to eventually optimize this area to speak to your potential customers.
- Fill out the Favorite Materials section if you know what materials you will be working with. If not, you can edit this section later.
Open an Etsy Shop: Planning & Analysis
I suggest reading the following posts prior to opening your actual Etsy shop. Many people rush through the beginning steps of opening an Etsy account without planning. You should select a niche and product category that can help your shop thrive. If you already know what to sell, you can skip these posts and proceed to the next section.
View the Best Selling Product Categories for help choosing a niche or category.
View the Most Popular Handmade Products for help choosing which products to sell.
Open an Etsy Shop
- Make sure to choose your shop name. Take the time to establish a brand identity and make sure that your name matches this identity.
- Log in to your Etsy user account and click the Open a shop button at the bottom of the screen, or click the link here.
- Fill out shop preferences including Shop Language, Shop Currency, and Shop Country. You are also required to select whether you plan on selling full time, part time, or “other.” Etsy uses this selection info for their own records. After you fill out this page, click Save and Continue.
- Now is the time to input your shop name. Fill in your top name idea and click Check availability. If the name is taken, choose your next name. Proceed until you find an available shop name, once again select Save & Continue.
- The next step is labeled Stock Your Shop. Etsy forces you to create a product listing at this time. By following my directions, you should already have a sample product listing ready.
- Click Add a listing and fill in the required information. Click Save and continue. If you would like to enter more listings, feel free to add them at this time. When you are finished, select Save and continue to proceed to the next step.
- The next step is How you’ll get paid. Select your country and the required bank account information including: Full name on account, account type, account number, and routing number. Then they will need more personal information from you including: Country of residence, first name, last name, date of birth, the last 4 of your ssn, your home address info, and your phone number. Click Save and Continue to proceed to the set up billing section.
- The last step is the set up billing section. Enter the information for the account you would like to use to make your shop payments.
You have now finished this process and you have opened your handmade shop. Congratulations, this is a big step.
OPEN AN ETSY SHOP: CONCLUSION
I hope that this post has helped you discover how to Open an Etsy Shop. This is a fairly simple process, and Etsy does a great job of making it easy. If you have any questions regarding how to Open an Etsy Shop, feel free to contact me.
Open an Etsy Shop: Comments
Do you have tips for the best way to Open an Etsy Shop? Please share your knowledge with this community and help it grow! Thank you for supporting the HBU Community.